Effective Date: April 1, 2014
Coupon Wallet LLC
Attention: Legal Department
34830 Utica Rd, Suite 500
Frazer, MI 48026
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Coupon Wallet.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of coupons you might like. This includes lifestyle, preference, and interest information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; the types of coupons that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender).
- Transaction Information about how you interact with the Services, such as the coupons you view and redeem and the stores you prefer; other information about how you use our Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Coupon Wallet's merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Location Information to help us offer you coupons for merchants nearby, if you have activated our Services on a mobile device and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data. Please see the Your Choices section under the heading âmobileâ for more information on the types of Personal Information that Coupon Wallet may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device.
How Coupon Wallet Collects Personal Information
We may ask you for Personal Information when you register, subscribe, create an account, or otherwise interact with the Services or contact Coupon Wallet. For example, you may be required to provide us with Contact Information or Relationship Information in order to register for certain services.
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third-party method of communication to interact with Coupon Wallet or the Services, that platform may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
If you use the Services on a mobile device and your mobile device's settings allow it, we may collect Personal Information from your mobile device. Our application may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into one of the Services. Please see the Your Choices section under the heading âmobileâ for more information on the types of Personal Information that Coupon Wallet may collect from the Services operating on a mobile device.
From time to time, we may obtain additional Personal Information from third parties. For example, we may collect Personal Information from third parties to enhance other information we have about you, to help us better understand you, and to otherwise enhance the Services.
How Coupon Wallet Uses Personal Information
Coupon Wallet uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Services;
- Provide users with coupons for products and services from participating merchants, including coupons based on variables such as stated and anticipated user interests, personal characteristics, or location;
- Evaluate eligibility of users for certain coupons, products or services;
- Provide card-linked offers;
- Evaluate the types of coupons, products or services that may be of interest to users;
- Track redemption of coupons and perform other analytics;
- Provide user support, including to our merchants or business partners;
- Fulfill requests for Coupon Wallet services;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Coupon Wallet and our merchants and business partners, such as Coupon Wallet news, special offers and coupons, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Services, third-party sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Create user profiles that may contain inferences about users such as age range, income range, gender, and interests;
- Allow you to apply for a job, post a video or sign up for special offers from third parties through the Services; and
- Carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
When and Why Coupon Wallet Discloses Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information as required or permitted by law as described below:
- With affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Coupon Wallet) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above;
- With our service providers that provide services for us to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in Section 3 above such as sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, and facilitating card-linked offers. Qualcomm Labs, Inc., for example, is a service provider that enables certain geo-location features of our mobile-device applications. Consequently, Qualcomm Labs, Inc. and its affiliates collect, store, and process, on Coupon Walletâs behalf, certain Location Information and related data on servers in the United States. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them;
- Merchants, but only to the extent you have redeemed a coupon offered by the merchant, or participated in an offer, contest or other activity sponsored or offered through Coupon Wallet on behalf of the merchant;
- Coupon Wallet business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer, contest, or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with Coupon Wallet and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Coupon Wallet from a business partner's website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Coupon Wallet business partner, Coupon Wallet may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between Coupon Wallet and the business partner, which may allow such business partner to contact you directly and to advertise to you;
- To effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If Coupon Wallet is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on one or more of our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information; or
- Otherwise with your consent.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
Cookies and Related Technologies
When you use our Services, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Services, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Services by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
For example, when you access our Services, Coupon Wallet and our service providers may place cookies on your computers or mobile devices. These cookies may include means for tracking your Transaction Information with a Merchant and may include tracking technology from third-party affiliate-network operators like LinkShare and Commission Junction. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, and track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A "cookie" is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Services. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your activity with the Services with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your other interactions with the Services.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. "Session" cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases Session cookies once you exit your browser. "Persistent" cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use Persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (such as your user id if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences.
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Services, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Services. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Services and the website you visit after you leave our Services, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
We also use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how visitors interact with our website and to help improve our user experience.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of coupons you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to Coupon Wallet, and you can limit the communications that Coupon Wallet sends to you.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best coupons available through our merchants and business partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete your Contact Information and the other information you provided us to use in your profile by logging into the Website and clicking on the "Settings" link.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, or if you would like to access or request a correction to any other personal information we hold regarding you, please Contact Us.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, Contact Us. In response, we will cancel or remove your information but may retain and use copies of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Security of Personal Information
Coupon Wallet follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information that you provide. For example, we regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is one hundred percent secure, however. For this reason, there is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you have any questions about our security practices, please Contact Us.
Notice to Residents of Countries outside the United States of America
Coupon Wallet complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Coupon Wallet has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view our certification page, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
Coupon Wallet has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the US-EU Safe Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR web site at www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
Privacy Practices of Third Parties
Coupon Wallet does not intend that any portion of the Services will be accessed or used by children under the age of eighteen, and such use is prohibited. The Services are designed and intended for adults. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least eighteen years old and understand that you must be at least eighteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Services. We will promptly delete information associated with any account for which we obtain actual knowledge that the registered user associated with the account is not at least eighteen years old.
California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To request a copy of the information disclosure provided by Coupon Wallet pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, please Contact Us, or write us at the following address:
Coupon Wallet LLC
Attention: Legal Department
34830 Utica Rd, Suite 500
Frazer, MI 48026
Please allow 30 days for a response.